Call for Applications: Artist study group (paid) Metabolic Arts Gathering, Medicinsk Museion @ Copenhagen

From Hannah Rodgers:

I am writing to ask if you could help to spread the word about an open call we are holding here at the University of Copenhagen’s Medical Museion for an artists’ study group about metabolism called the Metabolic Arts Gathering (MAG). We are looking for a variety of mediums (photography, speculative writing, bioart, ecoart, critical design, cartooning etc) and art-science backgrounds (high level lab skills to no experience at all) for a one year/6 meeting project. The idea is to honor the research time artists have to put in (just like scientists and humanists) to work on subjects like metabolism. The commitment is six one day meetings in Copenhagen, and we’ll pay 60,000 DKK with 10,000 DKK extra for those traveling internationally.

Metabolic Arts Gathering - Medicinsk Museion (ku.dk)
https://www.museion.ku.dk/metabolic-arts-gathering/

As always, I’d be glad to take any questions.

Very best,
Hannah

Dr. Hannah Star Rogers

Art, Science, and the Politics of Knowledge (MIT Press 2022)

Routledge Handbook of Art,Science, and Technology Studies (2021)

I should add: I was here in 2018 for SLSAeu “GREEN”, organized by Jens Hauser. The Museion is a gorgeous historical space that would be very exciting to work in. The conference event strongly promoted and interrogated bio-art and eco-art and seemed to showcase the deep commitment of the city and its institutions to endeavors at the nexus of art, science, and medicine.