What: 2021–2022 CultureHub Residency Open Call
When: 1 year residency July 1, 2021–June 30, 2022. Accepting applications through April 18, 2021
Where: New York, Los Angeles, or Online
Who: Artists not enrolled in an academic program during the residency period (great for folks graduating this spring or alumni!)
Why: CultureHub envisions a world where technology amplifies our humanity rather than diminishes it. We support artists who critically examine technology from a diverse array of mediums and creative perspectives. The residency program is designed to support artists as they take risks and target specific areas of their project’s development.
Resident Artists will have access to the following support and opportunities:
- A $2500 stipend for the development of their project, which can be used how the artist sees fit (i.e.: to obtain materials, pay collaborators, and to compensate the resident for their participation in the program).
- Access to the CultureHub studio, equipment, and technical support, including the option to have 1 full week of dedicated time in residence at the studios in New York and Los Angeles, which are flexible spaces equipped with reconfigurable lighting, audio, video, and projection systems.
- Assistance with photo and video documentation of the project
- Amplify their work to the CultureHub community through our website, eblasts, and social media
- Organize at least one public offering for the CultureHub community, which may take the form of a talk, performance, workshop, exhibition, etc.
- Develop written documentation of their project and progress within the CultureHub residency
- Attend regular meet-ups with the residency cohort and past residents
CultureHub is a place for artists to explore the internet as a means for collaboration and creation. We welcome projects that explore both online and in-person possibilities. Given the current uncertainty surrounding the global pandemic, CultureHub is dedicated to being adaptive and responsive to the needs of our artists and finding new ways to develop and share their work.