#JOB: Assistant or Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Writing

Hello ats community :wave:t2:

See bellow a search for AI + writing position at University of Iowa. I’m not sure its at the Writer’s Workshop (their celebrated MFA creative writing program) but definitely a good writing environment.

Also for those who are interested in AI + Writing let me know I’ve been looking at a lot of resources lately for my own research that I am happy to share!

Dear colleagues,

We’re advertising for a position in AI and Writing. I’m happy to answer questions.

Best!

Abram

The Department of English is pleased to announce a new job posting for a tenure-track or tenured hire in Artificial Intelligence and Writing. Please feel free to share this announcement widely!

Position Announcement:

Assistant or Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Writing

The Department of English in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant or tenured Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence and Writing, with a strong background in applied linguistics and/or rhetoric and professional communication. We seek a faculty member who specializes in the development and/or use of writing-, communication- and language-related artificial intelligence (AI) applications. The ideal applicant will have an established or emerging research agenda focusing on AI with expertise relevant to natural language processing, generative AI, or a related area. We are especially interested in scholars who are applying AI in innovative ways for the teaching and assessment of writing, communication, and/or language learning. This position is part of a strategic initiative to build Iowa State’s research strength and degree programs in key areas, including advanced computing and cybersecurity.

For more information, please visit the official posting at https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor-in-Artificial-Intelligence--AI--and-Writing_R13056

For guaranteed consideration, interested candidates should apply by November 1, 2023.

1 Like