[SAIC PTRG] Meeting weekly on Mondays while classes are in session

Hello to all,

The Performance Technology Research Group (PTRG) will be meeting regularly on Mondays from 11:30am - 12:30pm. I won’t be sending weekly emails this semester, so you can assume the meeting will be happening each week while classes meet. I’ll put a big note in the linked agenda document if we ever need to cancel a meeting.

During our first meeting we discussed several ideas and we are still open to different directions for weekly and larger scale activity, but building a DIY wavefield synthesis array really animated a handful of people, so we will definitely be pursuing research in this area over the course of this semester. I’ve started gathering materials to design a first pass at an array.

Of course we will still be a site for sharing ideas and questions and getting and offering help on art and technology issues. This group is open to anyone (students, faculty, staff, alums, friends) who are interested in talking about signal processing, synthesis, controllerism, spatial audio techniques, image/video hacking, performed media, etc and pursuing projects related to the technologies that enable these things.

Please feel free to join us to learn more. Invite friends. Drop in.

When: Monday, September 16th from 11:30 - 12:30 (and all other Mondays when classes are meeting)
Where: MacLean 522 and Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Link to our meeting notes and linked resources:

I hope to see you there!

Joseph