Teaching Opportunity at NIU this fall

There is an opening for an instructor to teach an advanced special topics course at Northern Illinois University this Fall. The course was originally advertised as an arduino focused course, but the official course description is listed as “Studies in art combining (mostly electronic) media, with emphasis on individual projects. Topics announced,” so there is a lot of room for flexibility. The course is offered through the School of Arts BFA/MFA program under “Time Arts.”

Due to the faculty member accepting a position elsewhere, NIU is looking for a replacement as soon as possible. Classes start August 27, although faculty week starts the week before. Classes are Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-4:45PM.

One complication is that NIU is based in Dekalb, IL, which makes the commute difficult without a car.

I’m an SAIC alumni teaching full time at NIU, so I’m in a position to strongly recommend potential instructors to the administration. If anyone is interested email your CV and cover letter and references to me and I’ll forward them on to the administration, and if you have questions feel free to email me as well.

Amanda VanValkenburg
avanva@saic.edu or avanvalkenburg@niu.edu