Tenure Track Teaching Positions at Duke Kunshan University, Duke University’s joint venture campus in China

From Zach Fredman, associate chair of Arts and Humanities at Duke Kunshan University, Duke University’s joint venture campus in China.

I’m writing to share information about two tenure-track searches we’re now running in digital media and design. If you have students or recent graduates on the market this year, I’d like to encourage them to apply.

The first position is in interactive media, interdisciplinary art or design and/or emerging technologies. The second is in design studies, human-centered design or digital media. The ads are posted to Academic Jobs Online:

We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including a housing allowance, international/private school tuition subsidy for faculty children, generous start-up and annual discretionary funding, and an annual leave bonus. American citizens who have not worked in China before are also eligible for three-year Chinese income tax exemption.

I joined Duke Kunshan in 2018 as part of the inaugural faculty cohort and would be happy to answer any questions from you or from any potential candidates. Because we are such a young university, junior faculty at DKU have a real opportunity to shape the curriculum and the institutional culture.

All the best,

Zach Fredman

Associate Professor of History
Associate Chair, Arts and Humanities Division
Duke Kunshan University

New Book: The Tormented Alliance